Communicate securely with a personal certificate
- What is a certificate?
A personal certificate is equivalent to an identification card for proving your identity in electronic communication. Each of our clients who wishes to access their accounts over the internet therefore receives a personal certificate free of charge on a smart card. To use it, it is necessary to install a card reader, and it is valid for two years. Certificates can be extended free of charge, electronically, from 90 days before expiry.
- New certificate
The first step in setting up the Profibanka service is to create your personal certificate for secure communications. You will use it when logging in and signing individual transactions.
- How to get a personal certificate?
- Contact your banking consultant, who will prepare the necessary contractual documentation.
- Collect the card reader and the smart card that will hold your personal certificate.
- To use the smart card, you have to install a program (driver) on your computer to control the card reader. You can download the driver for the card reader here: How can I get and install a reader? | Komerční banka (kb.cz), for further information see: Download | Komerční banka (kb.cz).
- You can then download a working personal certificate at home from our certificate wizard.
- Certificate wizard
- Creating the certificate
we recommend that you use Internet Explorer or Chrome to access the certificate wizard. If you use Google Chrome, you must install the KB Cryptoplus extension. Please also read our Ten Security Rules,
if you have concluded the relevant contract, you can create your certificate from the certificate wizard,
go to the certificate wizard, choose your certificate type and click on the option Create a new certificate.
in the window that appears, enter the client ID number that you will find in the contract you concluded with Komerční banka Slovakia.
enter the one-time password for certificate creation, which you should have received in an SMS message.
- Extending your certificate’s validity
A personal certificate on a smart card remains valid for two years. Certificates can be extended free of charge, electronically, from 90 days before expiry.
After you log into Profibanka, start the certificate wizard.
Choose the certificate on the smart card and click on the option Extend certificate validity.
Then follow the on-screen instructions.
A certificate expiry warning will be shown from 90 days before its expiry every time you log in to the Profibanka service until you extend the certificate.
If you do not extend your current certificate before it expires, you will have to notify your banking consultant and request the creation of a new certificate.
Smart card reader
- Why use a certificate on a smart card?
The main benefit of a smart card is that nobody can copy the certificate from it. This means that as long as the smart card remains in your safekeeping, it is almost impossible to abuse. Working with a certificate on a smart card is much simpler and faster because you only need to enter a 4-character PIN to use the certificate on the smart card.
- List of supported card readersKB guarantees that the Profibanka services is able to work with smart card certificates in the following devices:
Type of card reader Method of connection to the computer Device manufacturer Gemalto ID Bridge CT710 USB Gemplus Gemalto ID Bridge CT700 USB Gemplus
- installation of the smart card reader softwareYou can download software for your smart card reader here: How can I get and install a reader? | Komerční banka (kb.cz). Learn more by visiting the web page: Download | Komerční banka (kb.cz).
You also need to install the Cryptoplus KB extension in your web browser so that you can carry out signing operations: Download | Komerční banka (kb.cz)
Installation manual for smart card reader software: Download | Komerční banka (kb.cz).